LEGOLAND® Florida is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions and the LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun! LEGOLAND® Florida is open daily, but is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday during specific periods.
School Group Programs
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) visits include:
- FunLEGO building with LEGOLAND Staff! Standards-based and fine-tuned to your grade level.
- Appliedlearning on life-sized machines – our rides!
- TeacherGuides: Standards-based, before andafter visit worksheets.
- Educationalprograms are 45-minute long sessions.
- Educationalresource guides are provided which outline different activities throughout theentire Park.
- EnergyLab – Build asolar-powered car or ride! Collect,store and transfer solar energy to power your vehicle! Gradeappropriate building activity. Program uses Simple and MotorizedMechanisms and Renewable Energy LEGO Education Sets.
- Robotics for Young Beginners - Students will understand introductoryconcepts of robotics using motors and sensors. Build a Florida alligator andmake it move! Program uses WeDoRobotics LEGO Education set.
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS: Dr. Heartbeat - Join Dr. Heartbeat and the NXT-bots to complete avariety of life-saving operations and medical procedures using a computer,light and sound sensors and motors.
- Get Moving! - The forces are with you. Discover friction, inertia and wind resistance.Build a car, see the forces at work, and predict which car will win the raceand why!
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS: Adventure Bot - Go on a mission using the Adventure-bots to retrievegolden marble treasures and hide them from the treasure hunters using acomputer, light and sound sensors and motors.